WARREN ON THE BEACH FESTIVAL
Except in the case of cancellation, all tickets purchased are non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
NB. Under 18's must be accompanied by an adult after 9pm.
Please arrive 30 minutes before the start time of performances to allow time to collect tickets and find seats.
The Management reserve the right to refuse Admission and to admit latecomers ONLY if and when there is a suitable break in the performance. Some shows may contain no suitable break.
Otherplace Productions are a not-for-profit company dedicated to developing talent across the arts and bringing high-quality, accessible live performance to Brighton. Every ticket purchased helps support these aims.
Line-ups subject to change.
Otherplace Productions Ltd is acting as a ticket agent on behalf of the shows performing with us, and as such cannot be held liable for the content or quality of performances. Once a performance has taken place, tickets cannot be refunded except in exceptional circumstances.
Booking and other service fees applied to all bookings are non-refundable, except in the case of cancellation, whereby a discretionary refund may be applied.
Entrance to theatres and bars is at the sole discretion of Otherplace, and bags may be checked prior to admission.
Full Ticketing Terms and Conditions
1.Tickets are issued subject to the Rules and Regulations of the venue, event organiser and promoter as well as Otherplace Productions Ltd. Purchase of any ticket(s) constitutes acceptance of these. Full details are available on request.
2. Please check your Ticket immediately after purchase as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
3. We regret that Tickets cannot be refunded after purchase, except in the case of the event being cancelled. However, refunds are not given for cancellation or abandonment of a show as a result of the weather (see Section 55 about exchanging tickets for weather-related cancellations).
4. The handling charge or booking fee for purchasing tickets is a service fee for use of the Otherplace Box Office and cannot be refunded in any circumstance, except at the sole discretion of Otherplace Productions Ltd.
5. Tickets can only be exchanged after purchase at the discretion of Otherplace Box Office and may incur an administration charge for doing so. Tickets cannot be exchanged less than 48 hours before a performance. We regret that the administration charge for this service cannot be refunded, even in the event of cancellation.
6. Otherplace Box Office will not re-print tickets under any circumstances. In the event of Tickets sent by post not reaching their destination, Otherplace Productions Ltd will provide a proof of purchase statement for verification on the door, if required.
7. Fees for posting of tickets are a separate service charge and Otherplace Productions Ltd regrets to say that they cannot be refunded in any circumstance, including non-receipt of items and in the event of show cancellation.
8. Otherplace Productions Ltd cannot be held responsible for any lost or stolen tickets. Otherplace Productions Ltd reserves the right to cancel any ticket bookings which it reasonably suspects to have been made fraudulently.
9. Eligibility for the any standard Concession price ticket available is limited to Students, Senior Citizens (over 65’s), Under-16’s, D/deaf and disabled people, those registered as being on State Benefits, NHS staff and Equity members, where stated. Proof of status must be supplied at the point of purchase and/or collection of tickets, and eligibility for Concession price is at the sole discretion of Otherplace Productions Ltd and its appointed staff. Otherplace Productions Ltd and/or the event promoter/organiser reserve the right to refuse admittance, or charge the difference in price, if valid proof of status is not shown on request.
10. Otherplace Box Office will offer, where possible, one complementary ‘Personal Assistant ticket’ for the companion of customers who require assistance to attend an event, when a ticket has been purchased for the customer requiring assistance. Otherplace Productions Ltd will be able to do so only where authorisation has been given by the event promoter/organiser. Otherplace Productions Ltd encourages all event promoters/organisers it works with to provide this ticket offer but cannot enforce this offer if an event promoter/organiser does not consent. ‘Personal Assistant tickets’ cannot be purchased individually.
11. It is the responsibility of the ticket holder to ascertain whether an event has been cancelled and the date and time of any rearranged event. If an event is cancelled or rescheduled, Otherplace Productions Ltd will use reasonable means to notify ticket holders of the cancellation once we have received the relevant authorisation from the event promoter and/or organiser. Please note that we cannot guarantee that ticket holders will be informed of such cancellation in advance of an event.
12. Tickets are sold subject to the management’s right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
13. Purchase of a Ticket does not over-ride the Venue Management’s right to refuse admission should patrons breach any Rules and Regulations of the venue or the event promoter/organiser. The management may on occasions have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of patrons attending events, and accepting bag searches is a condition of ticket purchase.
14. Unauthorised use of photographic and recording equipment at events is prohibited. Tapes or films may be destroyed. Laser pens, mobile phones, dogs (except guide dogs) and patron’s own food and drink may also be prohibited, though this is at the ultimate discretion of the venue or performer.
15. Ticket holders consent as members of a live audience to any officially sanctioned filming and/or sound recording that may be taking place at the venue or during the event.
16. The event promoter/organiser, venue Management and Otherplace Productions Ltd accept no responsibility whatsoever for the loss or damage of any personal property.
17. Purchase of a Ticket gives the ticket-holder a right only to a seat of a value corresponding to that stated on the ticket and the venue Management reserves the right to provide alternative seats to those specified on the ticket.
18. The ticket-holder must comply with all relevant statutes, safety announcements and venue regulations whilst attending the event. Otherplace Productions Ltd is not responsible for any non-compliance and will not refund tickets in the case of non-admittance or ejection.
19. Tickets may be restricted to a maximum number per person. Otherplace Productions Ltd reserves the right to cancel tickets purchased in excess of this number.
20. Otherplace Productions Ltd reserves the right to recover any difference in price that may occur in the event of a discrepancy between a price listed by Otherplace and that charged by the event promoter/organiser. In the case of a refusal to pay the difference, Otherplace Productions Ltd reserves the right to cancel any such booking whereby the monies paid do not cover the actual price.
21. Please note that for tickets purchased to performances suitable only for persons aged 18 and over, any ticket-holder unable to present valid identification may not be admitted to the event. Otherplace Productions Ltd is not responsible for verifying the age of attendees for tickets purchased online and will not refund tickets for age restricted products in the case of non-admittance due to the lack of valid proof of age.
22. Latecomers may not be admitted until a suitable break in the performance. Some performances may contain no suitable breaks. Admittance is at the final discretion of the event promoter and venue management. Otherplace Productions Ltd is not responsible for identifying which performances do not admit latecomers in advance and will not refund tickets in the case of non-admittance.
23. Breach of the above terms and conditions, or any unacceptable behaviour likely to cause damage, nuisance or injury to other persons shall enable the venue management or event promoter/organiser to eject ticketholders from the venue. Their decision is final, and Otherplace Productions Ltd will not refund tickets in the case of ejection or non-admittance based on their decision.
24. Once an event has been attended, any refund or exchange of Tickets is at the sole discretion of the event promoter/organiser. Whilst Otherplace Productions Ltd, when acting as ticket agent, will pass on any complaints to the event promoter/organiser, Otherplace Productions Ltd is unable to compel them to act and any further correspondence should be directed to them.
25. Otherplace Productions Ltd, when acting as a ticketing agent on behalf of the event promoter/organiser, under no circumstance accepts responsibility for the content or quality of any events.
26. As a time-limited purchase, customers should be aware that purchases of event tickets are exempt from the Consumer Contract Regulations. Otherplace Productions Ltd will endeavour to exchange tickets to another event wherever possible. In such circumstances Otherplace Box Office’s usual administrative exchange fees will apply.
27. Otherplace Productions Ltd on occasion may offer a Credit Note for future services in lieu of a refund. This is valid for specified period, which is entirely at the discretion of Otherplace Productions Ltd, and only for use by the designated beneficent. Once any such issued Credit Notes have passed the stated expiry date, the value of any unused credit remaining shall revert to Otherplace Productions Ltd.
28. Otherplace Productions Ltd offers Gift Vouchers for future services in return for payment of a corresponding value. Vouchers are issued solely by Otherplace Box Office for a specified period, the length of which is entirely at the discretion of Otherplace Productions Ltd. Once any such issued Gift Vouchers have passed the stated expiry date, the value of any unused credit remaining shall revert to Otherplace Productions Ltd.
29. Subscribing to the Warred Card membership scheme in no way gives the member voting rights or any other say in regard to the structure or constitution of the organisation known as Otherplace Productions Ltd.
30. Memberships and gift vouchers can be refunded for up to 14 days after purchase. After this period, once purchased or renewed, they are non-refundable, except in exceptional circumstances, and at the sole discretion of Otherplace Productions Ltd.
31. Otheplace Productions Ltd is not responsible for the provision of offers by its partners; the offering or otherwise of all discounts and price reductions is solely at the discretion of participating organisations.
32. It is the responsibility of individual membership holders to check the validity of all external offers before attempting discounted purchases. Otherplace Productions Ltd is not responsible for the acceptance or otherwise of the membership cards by any third-party provider.
33. Otherplace Productions will endeavour to explain the benefits of membership through its online and print content, as well as through its customer service representatives. It is the responsibility of potential members to clarify the terms before purchasing their membership. Otherplace Productions Ltd is not liable for any misunderstanding of the benefits advertised as being available and will not refund any membership fees in the event that these benefits have been misunderstood.
34. Otherplace Productions reserves the right to alter the benefits available as part its membership scheme(s) as required, and in line with circumstances. Although Otherplace Productions Ltd will undertake to provide all promised benefits as advertised, there may be occasion when it is beyond Otheplace Production’s control to provide all of the benefits advertised, or for the full duration a member’s term. In such circumstances Otherplace Productions will not be liable to compensate any members of the relevant scheme for any benefits promised and not received.
35. The decision of Otherplace Productions Ltd, its Directors and appointed staff, is final in regards to the application of membership benefits, and their validity.
36. All donations made through Otherplace’s website, www.otherplacebrighton.org, www.warrenfestival.co.uk or any subsidiary operating under it, as well as those made over the telephone or in person, are understood to be made to Otherplace Productions Ltd, and once made any monies given are not returnable in any circumstance.
37. All merchandise is sold subject to the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
38. Please contact Otherplace Productions Ltd, in writing, within 14 days of receipt of goods, if you wish to take up your statutory right to cancel your purchase of merchandise bought online or over the telephone.
39. This does not affect your statutory rights to return faulty goods for a full refund, up to 30 days after receipt, or up to 6 months after receipt, if, and only if, faulty goods cannot be repaired or replaced.
40. In the event of the return of any merchandise, for whatever reason, Otherplace Productions Ltd will not be liable for the return cost of postage for said items.
41. As per your statutory rights, you may also contact the European Online Dispute Resolution platform, either through the link or by emailing them at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a dispute you would like to resolve.
42. All time periods quoted will be extended to the next working day if they end on a Saturday, Sunday or Bank Holiday. This includes all cancellation periods and the time limits for returning goods, providing refunds, etc.
43. Otherplace Productions Ltd reserves the right to contact the customer, regardless of whether they have opted-in to receive marketing communications, for the purposes of administrating their booking/purchase. Such reasons shall include, though not be limited to, cancellation of shows, reminders of purchases, update of performance status, advise on ticketing availability. Otherplace Productions Ltd shall endeavour not to contact the customer unduly.
44. Otherplace Productions reserves the right to deny admittance to anyone suffering from any symptoms that may be associated with COVID-19.
45. The Warren Outdoors is run as a COVID secure site, however Otherplace Prodcutions Ltd cannot be held liable for anyone who develops symptoms following a visit to the Warren Outdoors.
46. Otherplace Productions Ltd reserves to right to refuse admittance, or remove from the premises, any customer who refuses to comply with the safety procedures put in place in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. This includes, but is not limited to, wearing a face mask, distancing from other customers, following one-way systems and behaving in a respectful manner to other patrons.
47. Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure that you are complying with the latest government guidelines when organising to attend the Warren Outdoors or other Otherplace Productions Ltd events. Please check the relevant governmental website for the latest information, and ensure that the group you are attending with fits into the recommended ‘bubble’ guidelines.
48. The decision of Otherplace Productions, its Directors, appointed staff, contractors and volunteers is final in the case of assessing all behaviour on our sites, and anyone refusing to comply with instructions may be summarily removed. No refund of any purchases will be made in the event of this occurring.
49. All advance purchases of alcohol made online are subject to age verification on arrival at the Warren Outdoors. Anyone unable to provide suitable ID will not be served alcoholic drinks, and monies may not be refunded. Otherplace Productions Ltd operates a Challenge 25 policy, so if you are lucky enough to look under this age you will be asked for age identification – and failure to provide it will prevent delivery of pre-purchased drinks.
50. Please note, it is also a criminal offence to purchase alcohol for Under 18’s, so if we suspect you of doing so then service may also be refused. For Parents/Guardians attending with children under the age of 18, accepting these terms and conditions constitutes your acknowledgement that you will not be providing them with alcoholic beverages.
51. Purchasing a ticket indicates that the person placing the booking consents to be the lead contact and provide details of all other parties in the attending group to NHS Test and Trace, in the event that this should be required.
52. In the event of inclement weather, the decision of Otherplace Productions Ltd, and any staff or directors acting on it’s behalf, in determining whether or not a performance takes place, is final.
53. In the event of cancellation due to weather, Otherplace Productions Ltd will attempt to re-schedule performances, or exchange to alternative dates, if these already exist. A credit note may be issued in for you to re-book at your convenience – it is your responsibility to ensure you re-book.
54. The Warren Outdoors is an open-air theatre, and both the auditorium and stage are completely uncovered. Attendees therefore accept that weather, climate, temperature and light conditions, which are out of our control, are an integral part of the experience, and may impact on their visit. Please see the Weather section of our booking info page on our website for information about preparing for your visit.
55. If a show is cancelled or abandoned because of the weather, you will be entitled to exchange your ticket for seats available with the nearest value to your original ticket (rounded-up) at any other show at Warren Outdoors in our programme, subject to availability. There is no time limit on exchanging tickets in this way, though please note our season is time-limited.
55.i Subject to availability: Your ability to exchange into a particular show on a particular date and time will be subject to the availability of seats at that show on that date and time. This will be assessed at the point when we are processing your request for an exchange.
55.ii To obtain you exchange, simply email our Box Office on email@example.com – if you know the date/time and scheduled performance you wish to move your ticket to, include that in your email and we will move your ticket over. If you do not know yet, we can issue you with a credit note to enable you to re-book online at your convenience.
56. While we will make every effort to complete each show, we reserve the right to stop and start the show as necessary.
57. Shows will only ever be cancelled or abandoned in the event of bad weather, where such weather is deemed by the management to pose a health and safety risk for the performers. In any case, shows will never be cancelled before their advertised starting time.
58. If a show is cancelled on account of the weather, we will announce this at the time of cancellation at the venue. We do not communicate cancellations to patrons who did not come to the venue or who have already left the venue. However, you will still be able to benefit from our policy for exchanging tickets following a weather-related cancellation (see section 55).
59. Otherplace Productions Ltd cannot be held liable for any drinks orders placed through the website outside of the specified session times, starting 30 (thirty) minutes before the listed show start time and 30 (thirty) minutes before the session end. Although every effort will be made to either not fulfil the order, or provide a replacement, Otherplace cannot guarantee to replace the order or offer a refund if another customer has taken the drinks at the point of service.